Beyond The Classroom
The King's Town School Parent Council has played a key role over the years in helping to bring extracurricular and valued activities and support to the school and the students.
The Parent Council is the combination of all the families helping at different events throughout the year which also includes volunteering on field trips, reading in the classroom and the parent class representatives. The following are some of the events our children have benefitted from over the years:
- Helping to organize parent volunteers and prepare food for our Annual Winter Cafe and Spring BBQ
- Hosting the welcome back to school fall family social event
- Organizing participation in community events such as Chili Fest in support of Hospice Kingston, or the Festival of Trees in support of the Ontario Lunch Association
- Running the daily milk and lunch program offered to all students and staff
- Organizing and hosting a fundraising gala in support of the ongoing development of our school facilities
- Organizing and maintaining the Uniform Shop
- Running ongoing programs such as scholastic book orders
In order to keep administrative costs as low as possible, KTS relies on volunteers to carry out these important initiatives. Many parents at our school also share valued skills - our website was generously developed by a knowledgeable parent who specializes in the Internet. Our marketing and promotional materials are also developed and coordinated by a volunteer. Other families contribute athletic knowledge and help coach various teams. If there is a way you think you can help, contact the Parent Council.